As you know by now, Jacob is extremely community oriented. He is always looking for a way to reach out, volunteer or engage in parts of his community and grow that community. We fundraise throughout the year by sponsoring events as well as bringing light to events that are going on in our community. This is something that is important to Jacob because it gets him involved in a different way!
Right now we are trying to raise money for the LAMB 5K Run/Walk 2018– this is the 4th year that the LAMB foundation has held this event which raises money for students who have intellectual disabilities in schools around the Mooresville/Troutman area of North Carolina. The event is being hosted by The Knights of Columbus from St. Therese Council in Mooresville, NC and on average they have raised about $5,000 each year to help students with intellectual disabilities!
About the Event
- Individual 5k Donation Cost- $25
- Fun Run for Kids Dontation Cost- $15
- The 5K Run/Walk starts at 9:00 am and the Kid’s Fun run (about .7 miles) starts at 9:45 am at beautiful Cornelius Road Park in Mooresville, NC.
- Free food and drinks after the race for participants.
- Plenty of door prizes!!
- T-Shirts provided to all pre-registered participants (please register by Wed, 14 Mar to guarantee yourself a shirt) including Fun Run Kids.
- Packet pickup is from 7:45 am – 8:45 am on race day at the park or on Friday, 23 March at Charlotte Running Company from noon – 7:00 pm at 124 Trade Court Mooresville, NC 28117.
- Walkers/strollers/wheelchairs welcome in the 5K and Fun Run.
- Event takes place rain or shine.
- To register a family of 4 or more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a discount code.
- Go to LAMB 5K Run/Walk 2018 Site to register individually
We will be there and hope to see you as well! Come support a great cause and say hello to Jacob!
Have you heard of the LAMB Foundation before? The LAMB Foundation has been around since 1999 and has raise over $21 million for their cause since that time. Their mission statement is The LAMB Foundation of NC is a public 501(c)3 not-for-profit charity dedicated solely to assisting people who have intellectual disabilities within the state of North Carolina. Our organization is composed entirely of volunteers. As a result, 93% of the funds we raise directly goes to programs that support people with intellectual disabilities.